- 2007.01.20 Optimizing WPF Application Performance from MSDN (it looks like the next version of the Kiran Kumar’s article mentioned below). And Performance Profiling Tools for WPF MSDN article is a nice introduction to all the WPF profiling tools (and there are many, as it turns out).
- Optimizing WPF Application Performance – great paper by Kiran Kumar [MSFT] (there is also related webcast about the subject)
- Tim Cahill – the WPF Perf Guy – nice blog about the WPF performance
- Perforator – nice tool for finding WPF performace bottlenecks. Execute
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v EnableDebugControl /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
before starting target application and Perforator, and execute
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v EnableDebugControl /f
- WPF-Pick Your API Abstraction – an article from Pablo Fernicola’s Personal Blog [MSFT]